• Subcribe to Our RSS Feed

Thursday, October 1, 2015

Belajar Bahasa Inggris Menggunakan Verba WISH

6:55 AM // by Muba // // No comments

grammar bahasa inggris, tata bahasa inggris, belajar bahasa inggris online, kosa kata bahasa inggris, tenses bahasa inggris


Remember the following important points in writing sentences with the verb wish:
  1.  Wish is used when the speaker wants reality to be different, to be exactly the opposite.
  2. In a wish clause, the verb is never in the present tense. Therefore, you can never use will or can in the wish clause.
  3. The word that is often omitted in the wish clause.
  4.  Instead of was, use were in the wish clause.
  5. Do not use would have in the wish clause. Use had.


Complete the sentences with an appropriate verb form.
  1. Our classroom doesn't have any windows. I wish our classroom      had       windows.
  2. The sun isn't shining. I wish the sun _____________ right now.
  3. I didn't go shopping. I wish I _______________ shopping.
  4. I don't know how to dance. I wish I _____________ how to dance.
  5. It's cold today. I'm not wearing a coat. I wish I _____________ a coat.
  6. I don't have enough money to buy that book. I wish I _____________ enough money.
  7. I can't go with you tomorrow, but I wish I ______________ .
  8. My friend won't ever lend me his car. I wish he ______________ me his car for my date tomorrow night.
  9. Mrs. Takasawa isn't coming to dinner with us tonight. I wish she ______________ to dinner with us.
  10. The teacher isn't going to give an exam tomorrow. I wish he ______________ us an exam tomorrow.
  11. You can't meet my parents. I wish you _______________ them, but they're out of town.
  12. Khalid didn't come to the meeting. I wish he ______________ to the meeting.
  13. I'm nor lying on a sunny beach. I wish I _______________ on a sunny beach.

























Answer key:
1.
2. were shining
3. had gone
4. knew
5. were wearing
6. had
7. could
8. would lend
9. were coming
10. were not going to give
11. could meet
12. had come
13. were lying


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...